Monday, July 26, 2010

The Cost of a Baby

Have you ever noticed how expensive it is to have a baby. Not only does it cost a lot for all of the medical treatment during pregnancy and the appointments for the baby after he/she is born, but your baby also goes through 20 diapers a day and you're constantly washing clothes and all that cost doesn't include all of the necessities you need, i.e. bottles, burp cloths, bibs, bath stuff, furniture. After all that necessary expense there's not much money left to spoil your baby or yourself with the many different baby toys/accessories that make your life easier and are just fun to get your beautiful baby. i.e. swings, high chairs, bouncers/jumpers, soothers, play yards etc. You think those diapers are getting expensive check out the prices on those items. So when my sister came down from Washington to visit, she suggested we go check out garage sales for baby things. This is what we found:


Baby Einstein Bouncer Retail Price: $89.99
My Price: $15



Alphabet Place Mat 24sq ft. Retail: $29.99
My Price $4


Graco Play Yard with Mobile and Changing Table Retail: $119.00
My Price: $20


Graco Bouncer Retail: $44.99
My Price $5


Swing Retail: $69.99
My Price $5


Kids Tunnel Retail: $29.99
My Price $3


Giant Monkey Retail: $154.99
My Price $1


Graco Swing Retail: $119.99
My Price $10


Baby Bouncer Retail: $51.99
My Price $10


The look on my daughter's face as she embraces her new best friend: Priceless


I am a newly converted fan of garage sales!

Disclaimer: We did not buy all this stuff for Addison.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for garage sales! They're definitely the way to go for baby stuff. Good hunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome deal. You've inspired me to look into garage sales! And by the way, congratulations on your sweet baby girl. She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete